How do you prevent, recognise and treat lung attacks?
A lung exacerbation (a sudden worsening of symptoms), or lung attack, often causes irreparable damage to the lungs. Repeated lung attacks slowly exhaust the lungs. This applies to the lungs of people with various lung diseases. Therefore, Lung Foundation Netherlands invests in solutions for lung attacks and will award three grants in 2022 to research that focuses on the theme of lung attacks.Terug naar Nederlandse pagina
The projects must fit within the theme: 'How do you prevent, recognise and treat lung attacks?' Projects must fall within one of the following spearheads:
- Gaining a better understanding of the molecular (immunological) mechanisms of lung attacks and/or of the recovery phase after a lung attack (aimed at developing medication)
- Gaining a better understanding of the lung attack problem: phenotyping (clinical/psychosocial), linked to a more personalised treatment and finding predictive markers for lung attack
Lung Foundation Netherlands aims to award three grants of 250,000 euros. The grants are intended for the appointment of junior scientific staff.
Conditions patient participation
As always, Lung Foundation Netherlands sets requirements for patient participation. Your project must meet these requirements to be eligible for a grant. Lung Foundation Netherlands believes it is important that research aligns with the needs and questions of patients. Their input can increase the relevance, social value and quality of your research.
Timeline grant round 2022
- Start call for proposals: 24 January 2022
- Deadline for submission of pre-proposal: 14 March 2022 before 12:00 a.m.
- Announcement of rejection/request for elaboration: 26 May 2022
- Deadline submission detailed application: 5 September 2022 before 12:00 a.m.
- Expected grant/denial: early December 2022
For questions about the grant round 2022, please contact the research department by e-mail.